How they lose their weight successfully and prevent diabetes? They just do the following:
- Avoid sugar because sugar is rapidly absorbed and cause fast changes in insulin balance.
- Avoid refined carbohydrate products because it is a sugar-based product. A sugar-based product does not contain vitamins or minerals and is metabolized quickly.
- Be wary of ‘low-fat’ processed foods because it is full of sugar and sugar is a nutrient-free food.
- Be cautious of ‘no-sugar-added’ foods because it might contain ingredients such as maltodextrin, malted barley, polydextrose, sorbitol or sugar alcohol. Those ingredients are all carbohydrates and, as such, could elevate the blood sugar.
- Take lots of Vitamin C, it helps prevent the accumulation of cholesterol plaques on the blood vessel walls. This vitamin could be found in fresh fruits, especially in citrus, guavas and vegetables.
- Take lots of Vitamin E, it helps prevent platelet stickiness and it may increase good ‘HDL’ cholesterol levels. This vitamin could be found in cereal products, vegetable oils, wheat germ, eggs and nuts.
- Take lots of magnesium because it probably the most important mineral in heart and blood vessels and it promotes proper functioning of the heart and blood vessel cells. Magnesium is found in meat, dairy product, pulses and cereals.
- Take calcium, zinc, copper, chromium and selenium, the trace minerals essential, to help lower blood levels and promote normal functioning of he heart and blood vessel cells.
· Zinc is in seafood, wholewheat and pulses.
· Copper is in seafood and meat.
· Chromium is a good source to balance the diet. It is in yeast, liver, cheese and wheatgerm.
· Selenium is found in fish, shellfish, red meat, grains, eggs, chicken, liver and garlic.