An abortion or a miscarriage is known for a baby or a fetus born without signs of life before 24 weeks of pregnancy. However, if any baby is born with no signs of life after 24 weeks of pregnancy, it is known as stillbirth.
In many cases, the cause of death cannot be established. But many have postulated the following as a possible cause of the baby’s death:
• Pre-existing diabetes or high blood pressure in the mother.
• If the pregnant mother (who did not previously have high blood pressure) develops high blood pressure during pregnancy.
• If the pregnant mother develops fits (eclampsia) during pregnancy.
• If there are placental problems.
• If there is an infection in the mother, which transmits to the baby, such as toxoplasmosis, Group B strep, ‘listeriosis’ or German measles.
• Rhesus factor disease.
• Premature rupture of the membranes surrounding the baby.
Peoples will only take precaution when there is tragedy in one’s life. The point is, one’s should be more alert and take precaution to avoid a tragedy such as an abortion or a miscarriage, or a stillbirth. Once you suspect that you are with a child, you must go to the doctor for confirmation. If you feel something is wrong during your pregnancy, always feel oblige for medical check-ups. Do not take the risk of defaulting treatment just because you think everything is okay during your pregnancy.