Health Tip Diabetes During Pregnancy

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Visit To The Women Health Clinic Is A Must If Pregnant

In Malaysia, once you were confirms that you are pregnant, you have to go to the nearest government clinic and register a ‘red book’ as soon as possible. For the registration, you will be asked few question of your health history, your family’s health history and other personal question such as your marital status, marital date, your last period date and ext. Next, they will measure your height, weight and blood pressure. They will also take some blood for HBU and RBS sampling. After that, they will give you a date for an occasional visit to the clinic.

Instead of the clinic, you also have to go to hospital. It’s because the clinic only handles normal cases, attended by two or three nurses and the hospital handles more complicated cases as it has many skill doctors and nurses. In additional, the clinic only operates 8 hours per day and non-operate on Friday and Saturday, the hospital however operate 24 hours everyday non-stop.

My latest appointment was last July 10, 2006. On that day I was appointed to meet the doctor upon my diabetes. A day before the appointment, I was needed to attend the BSP (as usual). Thus on July 9, 2006, I went to the clinic twice on 8.30 am and 11.30 am, twice to the hospital on 5.30 pm and 9.30 pm for BSP. It really tires me and took lots of my time. And the results of the test are 5.0, 6.2, 5.2 and 5.0.

I really did try hard to lower the sugar level in my blood. I eat the pills they gave me, watch over my diet and do some activity. However, the result are only as per above. It seems to decrease but the doctor still wants me to attend the very same process next month. Honestly, I think I just got fed up and feel hopeless.

Even though I am a fulltime housewife and got all the free time for the visits, unfortunately I am not a good motorbike rider; I cannot drives and there is no other transportation around the area. Thus, every time I had an appointment, my husband will have to drives me around and he either has to apply his annual leave or his unpaid leave. Thus, the visits not only tire me but my husband as well. My conclusion is, the closer the expectant date, the frequent the visit.