Health Tip Diabetes During Pregnancy

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

24 Weeks Pregnancy Ultrasound

Casual ultrasound should be avoided during pregnancy, even if it is considered safe to the mother and the baby. However, ultrasound should be perform to provide valuable information leading to treatment that can improve the chances of having a healthy baby.

At 24 weeks, the baby gains more weight as their body begins to fill out. This weight is in muscle, bone mass and the growing organs and tissues. By the end of the week, the weight could top to more than 600 grams. As for the mother, the uterus is 3 to 5 centimeters above the navel.

Last July 10, 2006 I had done my 24 weeks pregnancy ultrasound. It is to confirm my baby’s age. It was requested by the nurse who has attended me when I visit her on July 2nd, 2006 at the clinic (22 weeks by that time). The nurse informed me that my baby is extraordinary large as my womb height is 25 cm, about 3cm differ.

After the ultrasound, the doctor told me that I really am 24 weeks pregnant, the fluid is normal, my baby seems ok and that my baby is a boy. What a relief to hear such good news, chase away all negative suspicion.

24 weeks ultrasound picture, of a baby boy

Later, we had a short chat about gestational diabetes and its complications. From the short chat, I came with a conclusion that gestational diabetes can cause baby gain weight and becomes fat. Feel free to read it in my next posts.